James Ehrhart (Jim) has 32 years of experience in information technology, focusing on enterprise systems, software product development and professional services. His experience ranges from leading a division of over 15,000 consultants to working as a team of two as a startup founder.
Jim is currently a director of several startups, including:
• Paracosma, a provider of Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) solutions
• Abiba Systems, an AI and analytics solution provider
• Essential Aero, an autonomous drone inspection system
Jim is also Founder of MuseumWorks, a non-profit organization with a mission to apply immersive technologies to increase the accessibility of museums, opening the knowledge and cultural heritage of all museums to anyone, anywhere.
Previously, Jim served as a consultant to Saleforce.com and had a long career with Accenture serving clients in around the globe. His unique experience included leading roles in the design and implementation of the complete information technology landscapes for startups in three major industries:
• An electronic exchange for financial derivatives Deutsche Terminbörse, which is now also the trading engine for the German stock exchange, Deutsche Börse
• A new entrant to the Malaysian telecommunications industry, Time Telekom
• The Smart car division of Mercedes-Daimler.
Jim has a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering, an International Minor in German Studies and a graduate certificate in Technology Innovation all from the University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign. He has lived and worked throughout Asia for 10 years, Europe for 14 years and currently lives in San Francisco, California.
He avidly follows developments in space exploration and has an extensive portfolio of investments in space-related companies, several of which he supports as an adviser. Jim served as Crew Engineer for the Mars Desert Research Station Mission 197 and is an aspiring private astronaut.
5th Annual Virtual Reality Day (-5 GMT) Saturday - November 20th